Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Better Know Your Arnie: Pommie Arnie

BKYA is a feature on this dumb blog wherein Jeff writes too much about a variety of his favorite beverage, Arnold Palmer Iced Tea Lemonade.

This is, I think, the rarest of the Arnie's, Pomegranate Arnold Palmer Iced Tea Lemonade. I call it Pommie Arnie.  



It used to be a lot more common, but I think it is slowly dying. Also dying, as it should have a long time ago, is the container it comes in, which I call Ripoff Arnie. The reason I call it Ripoff Arnie is because for some reason, it costs $1.79. If you read my stupidly long review of Regular Arnie, you know that Arnie comes in a different container of the same size for only $1. So, you are paying $0.79 for a stupid fake golf ball shape container. 

Even though Pommie Arnie is a ripoff, I usually buy it when I see it because I fear that I won't see it again. Yes, I have beverage fears.  CVS used to sell regular Arnie in Ripoff Arnie size, then they got the $1 sizes a few months ago. They had both at full price for a little while, then Ripoff Arnies went on sale for 50% off and then quickly went away. After Ripoff Arnie disappeared from CVS, the Ripoff Arnies disappeared from most other stores. Pommie Arnies only appear in the Ripoff Arnie size, so it got to the point where I could only get Pommie Arnie at City Convenience in Boston, and Lambert's Rainbow Fruit. The last time I went to Lambert's Rainbow Fruit, Pommie Arnie was gone from there. So it is a dying Arnie.

I bet at this point you wish you never knew what a Ripoff Arnie was, so let's just get to the score. I like Pommie Arnie a lot. I've struggled with how to score it. I would like to penalize it because it is more expensive, but because it is dying, I feel I should appreciate it while I still have it. So, it will be my first score above the 90 of a Regular Arnie. Hey no one reading this, that's pretty exciting, huh?

Jeff's Score*: 93

Varieties: Ripoff Arnie only

Availability: Very Low

Stores:  City Convenience, sometimes Lambert's Rainbow Fruit.




*Jeff's Score is a weighted score where Regular Arnie is a 90, Redneck Arnie is a 20, the one Skinny Arnie I had that tasted like metal is a 0

2 comments:

  1. Exciting indeed, and stop calling me a nobody! It hurts ;-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just figured you wouldn't even make it that far. Well done.

      Delete