Saturday, June 30, 2012

England Day Two: Altrincham

I went to visit my friend Simon in Altrincham. I then met his fiancé Claire and her brother. Ah, what the heck, I will put the first picture of me in this dumb blog.


 I'm the one in the Sox hat, Simon is the tall one, you can figure out the rest. They all got a kick out of me pronouncing Altrincham. First we went to a pub and had these beers. 






They were only £1.99 each. There's no tipping here so that's cheap. I forget what type they were, Simon picked them. They were bitters and quite tasty. While enjoying the beers, a lady came over and gave us free curry. 






Simon was not impressed with the curry, but, hey, free curry. Then we went to get a proper curry as they say. I got the tandoori mixed grill. It had like 5 different tandoori meats. I enjoyed it, my best meal here yet.


Then we went to Claire's parents' house and Simon gave me this Desperado beer.



Beer flavored with tequila. It was so bad I had to take a picture of it. I looked at the ingredients and one ingredient was: flavouring (75% tequila). I thought that was funny because, what does that even mean? Also, they spell flavoring funny.


No comments:

Post a Comment