Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Mighty Subs: Chicken Cutlet

I have made 12 posts to this dumb blog that nobody knows about, and have yet to have a true LTPOH entry. I've had two LTPOSS, but after the Burger of Death I don't think I'll be having LTPOSS anytime soon. So I decided to get a LTPOH. Not just any LTPOH though. It is one of my favorite LTPOH's from my favorite sub shop, Mighty Subs.  It is the Chicken Cutlet with LTPOH and mayo:




Looks good, huh? Also looks pretty big. Mighty Subs' motto is "Our Small is Their Large". That pic above is a large. A small is half of that. I think Mighty Subs should add a secondary motto. "Our Large is Your Lab":



That's a 75 lb. adult Labrador Retriever. The Chicken Cutlet is one of their most expensive subs, but that dog sized sub was only $10.15. I get 3 meals out of it. Since this is the first Mighty Subs post I should do a list of reasons why Mighty Subs is my favorite sub shop.

  1. Value. $10.15 for this delicious sub. That's on the high end for them. A large Italian is about $9.15. They also have daily specials where you get a small sub, a bag of chips and a bottle of soda for around $7 now. It was $5 with tax when I first started going there in 2001, but inflation is fine with me in this case. I like the Italian on Mondays or the Honey BBQ Chicken on Fridays.
  2. People Who Work There: They are the nicest, most efficient workers you could imagine. I've become too used to rude dummies at other sub shops. At Mighty Subs, they are super nice to everyone, and you will not believe how quick they make the subs. I love watching the gibberish Artie the owner writes on a ticket, then usually Karen translates it in 0.5 seconds. Sometimes I don't even have my money put away in my wallet before my sub is ready.
  3. Lunch for Breakfast: It annoys me you can't get lunch food before 11am at most places. Lunch > Breakfast. That's math. Mighty Subs opens at 6am and you can basically get any lunch sub anytime. You want a Steak Bomb at 7am? Well here's one in 2 minutes. 
  4. Quality of Food: They make their own chicken cutlets, chicken salad and other ingredients from scratch every day. So no Aramark pre-made chicken patty bullshit.
  5. Bread: Whenever I talk to my dad about good sub shops he always has to go on this long lecture about the most important thing with subs is the bread. Hey dad, start your own blog! But in this case he is onto something. The bread at Mighty Subs is the perfect type of bread for subs. Their bread works for both hot and cold subs, is always fresh, and is just perfect.
  6. Steak Subs: When I go to a new sub shop, I always test them by getting a steak and cheese with onions first. Mighty Subs dominated my test. As I've said before, they are super quick, which is a big part of my test. Ed makes the steak and cheeses, and the amount of time he spends shredding each one is quite impressive and another major factor in my test. My only complaint is I like a little more black pepper on it, but one packet of pepper fixes that problem. Also, I usually have to wait for it to cool down because they get it to you so quick!
  7. Soda Selection: They have Cherry Coke Zero, regular Coke Zero, Vitamin Water Zero, that's an excellent Jeff selection. If they had Arnies it would be perfect.

Anyway, if you want an awesome sub get the Chicken Cutlet with LTPOH and mayo at Mighty Subs. You can order it as "Cutlet with tha Wahks with mayo". And hey, if you don't like pickles, get it LTOH, if you don't like hots, get it LTPO. Just don't get it like the one guy in front of me got one once: "Chicken Cutlet with mushrooms, buffalo sauce and mayo". I almost left the line and didn't eat after hearing that one. Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment