Hi. I'm Jeff. I had my first Filet-o-Fish(FoF) on March 25th 2012 at the age of 36. I am a fast food enthusiast, so after eating it I decided to start the world's dumbest blog and share my thoughts.
Why hadn't you had a FoF before then? Wait, who are you all of a sudden asking me questions? You have a lot of nerve, but I guess I will answer them. Well I used to really hate seafood. Over the last 15 years I have started eating some seafood. I usually don't like it, so I hardly ever order fish in restaurants. My wife orders fish a lot, so I usually try her dish. Now my opinions of seafood are:
- Shrimp, I like a lot and do order sometimes.
- Mild white fishes are OK, so I thought a FoF might be good.
- Sushi I like, or should I say I like maki rolls. So I often eat some rolls with weird seafood I usually wouldn't want to eat.
Wait, you were buying your dog a McDouble? Uh, yes, I just said that. I have the world's best dog. This is Suzy:
She hardly ever gets non-dog food. One exception is every year on her birthday, she gets a McDouble. Guess when her birthday is? You're good, it's March 25th. She turned 10 this year. Here she is eating the McDouble:
OK. But the suspense is killing me, what did you think of the FoF? Hey, calm down, I'm getting there.
First, here's the FoF I ate:
I was not impressed with the appearance.
Here's my thoughts:
- So it is fried, has tartar sauce AND cheese? Way to keep it healthy McD's.
- No, really I don't think the cheese is necessary, and I love cheese.
- First bite: It was way fishier than I thought it would be. I didn't think it was very good. I didn't taste any cheese
- I realized I didn't get any of the tartar sauce also.
- Second bite: I got some tartar sauce. It masks a lot of the fishiness. Better. Still no cheese taste.
- Still not good.
- I had one more bite, then gave the rest to my wife. Her thought was "They tasted better when I was a kid."
So I guess my final thought on it was it was alright, but as unhealthy as it is, I would much rather have something else. In other words, I was jealous of my dog's food. To improve it, I would add some cole slaw instead of the cheese.