Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Jeff's 37th Birthday

Hi. It was my 37th birthday on Sunday. 37 is kind of boring. 36 was 6 squared, so that was exciting. I guess 37 is a prime number, and it's been six years since the last prime number birthday, so there's that. Ah, you guys don't care about math, you want to see some food. First, since I took the photos, I should mention I always try to go to the closest Sox game to my birthday. This year it was two days before my birthday:


The tickets were front row in the bleachers. There was a big empty aisle in front of me so I was obsessed with the chance I could get a HR ball. The game was terrible, the Sox lost 2-0 to the Yankees and I didn't come close to a HR ball. Can this season just end already? Then the next night Heather and I saw Bloc Party at the House of Blues:


Concert photos with a phone are always bad. 

Anyway, let's get to my birthday. I got to sleep in. I woke up around 7:45, but didn't get out of bed until 9am. That's sleeping in for me. Heather got me breakfast. So here comes the food, are you excited? Bam:



Yeah, just a bagel. I was trying to pace myself again, and, hey, I like bagels, leave me alone. I then had a soda:


Don't worry, that's the only soda I took a picture of, there were others consumed because I have a soda problem, but that is the only picture. The day was super nice, so I decided to go for a bike ride. Lately I have been driving to the gym and biking from there. Here's a picture I took while biking:


If you zoom in on that photo, you can see I was going 9.6 MPH when I took the photo. I risk my life for photos for this blog. I brought my watch in to get fixed a few days ago so I went to pick that up in Wellesley (or as I call it West Needham. Wellesley used to be part of Needham, and was known as West Needham. Then they burned Needham's meeting house down and seceded. That was in 1774, but I still do not recognize them as Wellesley.) Anyway, I got my watch:


Now I can again tell the time without digging out my phone. At that point I realized I forgot my water in the car, and needed some liquids. So I went to Whole Foods to get a beverage. As a Happy Birthday to me, Whole Foods had Organic Non-Arnie on sale for $1:


Well, Happy Birthday TO THE GROUND!


I also took a picture of the beverage with my watch. I was that happy to have my watch back:


For the first time I noticed the bottle has an Arnie joke on it:


Ugh I guess I will transcribe it for you so you don't have to zoom in:
It wasn't a long shot that we'd make a tea that usually goes by a golfer's name. After all, David's quite a player...
Ah, Arnie humor. But that joke makes no sense, wouldn't it have to be called David's Half and Half for that to make sense?

I forgot to turn my bike computer on until half way through my ride. But here's a map of the second half of the ride:


I biked through a football game between West Needham and some other team. The Needham/West Needham football rivalry is the second longest football rivalry in the Universe, dating back to 1881. So I booed at West Needham:


Boo! I usually stop at this lake at Wellesley College, err I mean West Needham College, because it's nice:


Then I like stopping here and taking a picture also:


So I finished the ride. You guys want to see some food again, right? Well I picked out lunch:



From Kosta's Pizzaa and Seafood: I got a Sicilian Pizza with Pepperoni and Peppers, a Steak and Cheese with Onions Pocket, a Buffalo Chicken Pocket (they make their own pocket bread and it is yummy, so that's why I got all pockets), some fries, and Heather got a chicken salad. Heather also picked up some sushi from Gari. I think she was appalled at my choices and wanted to make it seem less appalling when the friends came over by having sushi. Anyway, here's my plate:


Lillian and the pack of gum came over later bearing bread of pepperoni:


My mother-in-law wanted to make a cake so she asked what type of cake I wanted. I said "Like a yellow cake with caramel and lots of nut. Nuts, heh, heh." I actually said that to my mother-in-law. Here's what she came up with:

FIRE!!!

 My mother-in-law also got me a sweet present:


Now I can compress air whenever I feel like it, which is often. Here's the cake with ice cream:


I was so full after that meal, I didn't really eat for the rest of the day. Whatever, we had some beer too:


Anyway, that was my 37th birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment